Tuesday, July 23, 2013

INNER THOUGHTS

Sometimes, I like to sit at the corner-most table of a coffee house listening to some beautiful music and immersing myself in a good book. Occasionally, I would look up and watch the world go by.

I love to observe people, trying to understand them. There, that pretty young girl near the entrance with a chocolate ice-blended on the table while she fervently typed into her phone with a smile on her face and slight flush on her cheeks. Two tables away, a mother watching over her little boy playing on an iPad while daddy reads a book. On the left - a lady having a discussion with a guy and a laptop in front of her. Of course, things aren't always as rosy. I've seen couples fighting, unhappy marriages and whatnots.

Granted, I'm not a very expressive person. But I feel very deeply (Pisces rising, anyone?). Sometimes it makes me wonder the reasons we get together with another. Excitement? The need to feel wanted/fill an emotional void? True understanding? I like to believe in the last reason. I read from an article somewhere that we have to learn to see our other halves as if we are meeting him/her for the first time each day. Tough, huh? Keeping the spark and excitement alive in a relationship ain't easy at all. But when the relationship works out beautifully, its always comforting to know that there will always be someone there for you.

So I say - cherish each moment. Each day you're given 86,400 seconds. Why waste those precious time in vain? Spend them doing meaningful deeds. And do so whole-heartedly. Spend so much time in improving yourself that you have no time to judge others. Inspire. Motivate. But most importantly, love truly and sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment