Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yes, I noticed cobwebs :)

Can't believe my last post was on pre-Christmas!

Missing posts on Christmas, 2011 New Year's Eve, and Chinese Rabbit New Year. Honestly, I almost forgot about the existence of my blog. LOL. Hopeless, I know. Hahaha!


ANYWAY.


Its been one hell of a rollercoaster ride for me.


Final year of research means extra work, extra writings, extra referencing and extra what-nots. I've been hiding at home working overtime on documents and occasionally, well ok not occasionally but rather, often, at coffee cafes. To the extent that the Starbucks barista asked me,

"Eh, yesterday didn't come one?"

OR

"See you tomorrow!"


Rather predictable huh. Haha.


Christmas was quiet, dinner with family and a one time experience of New Year countdown at Taipei left me with an unforgettable experience. Plus the afterthought of snuggling on the couch at home watching drama series with a good jar of cookies and a hot chocolate on New Year's eve sounds more than comforting compared to jostling with the crowd out there. :)

Starters for Christmas dinner. :)



And the ambience.


And then comes CNY with all the cleaning up and preparation work. Assisted sifu for lion dance shows on CNY 2 and 6 - had fun! Saw the biggest ever platter at a shop in Central Market with mandarins, pomelo, fake pineapples, fake cherry blossoms, a box of chocolates, peanuts, a bunch of limes and lots of angpows. Confused me which one is the REAL one. Yes the one with $$$ haha.


Playful lions on CNY2 - they've been chasing down people! Best show of the day? The one in SnowWorld. Forgot which lion decided to be cheeky (and sporting!) and went sliding down from the cabin! Of course, we came out with icy noses. :) CNY6? The hair salon. Tail player had to support head player on his head while climbing up chairs to get the lettuce. Scared the hell out of me. Freaking worried. But the show went perfectly :)


Here are some pix of the lions in action. :)








Alright, time to get back to more writing. And programming. *yawns* Good Sunday to you! :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! About time eh? It's been abandoned for like a zillion years... xD

    ReplyDelete